Thursday, December 15, 2011

Nativity

So on a recent visit to the most awesome toy store ever we picked up our first Nativity set. 

I have always wanted a nativity set and have almost bought one many many times.  This set is by Playmobil, is not breakable and has all the important components/characters:

Mary 

Joseph

Baby Jesus

Three Wise Men

A camel

A manger

Two Sheep

A carrot (for said sheep) or Mary and Joseph?

A staff for Joseph

Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh

APine tree covered with snow.

To date,

Joseph has used his staff to shoot the sheep.

The Wise Men have all flown, thanks to their super-capes.

Baby Jesus has been force fed the carrot.

The camel has played the role of bad guy, big dog and the donkey from Shrek.

Once again, the short people in the house have opened my eyes to all the possible scenarios that could have been played out on the night our savior was born.

Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and joy in unexpected places!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my, this made me laugh this morning! I had to read it to my husband. Sometimes I think we are missing out on quite an adventure by not having boys.

anita said...

haha! that is awesome.

Post a Comment