Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011, YOU ROCKED

My top ten list for 2011

1)  Shaved 10 whole minutes off my half-marathon pace from a year ago!!
2)  Took on a part time paying gig that I am enjoying.
3)  I survived. The interrupted sleep cycles, the food demands, the poop, the vomit, the big tornado, the arctic storm, temper tantrums, living in limbo, fevers, K starting MMO, ,,,,and I am happy, healthy and truly love my life.
4)  My children still love me! I still get unsolicited kisses from them both just further proof that I managed to make it another year as a pretty decent mama!
5)  After a 13+ year search our family found a church home!
6)  Will and I had our first night away since becoming parents 4 years ago.  Bonus points, we got to spend it with great friends and run our first Warrior Dash.
7)  No more diapers in this house!!
8)  Last girls weekend was in 2005, in New York City.  This was fixed this year, a sandy Florida beach, books, some adult libations and a few full nights of sleep....heavenly!!
9)  In the last 60 days of 2011....I became the owner of not one...but several new pairs of shoes.  Yes, I needed some...just not sure I "needed" 4 pairs of boots and 2 pairs of peep toe Tom's. 
10) Alabama is starting to feel like home.  We have some genuine friends, are involved in our little community, have awesome neighbors and best of all.....Will went to work for a local company so we hope to be staying put for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment