Thursday, December 1, 2011

Flashbacks

In an effort to curb my eating, I recently revisited gum chewing.  The little people are thoroughly enjoying my new endeavor.  They have been thrilled with popping bubbles...and just generally investigating what is happening in my mouth.

This is pretty funny to me because EVERY SINGLE TIME they pop a bubble I am taken back a few..okay...a lot of years.  See my dad used to drive us all over this country and we derived an insane amount of pleasure from popping his bubbles..while he was driving.  I know, not very safe but this was back in the day where kids ran amok in the car.  You remember those days right, sleeping in the back window, fighting over the hump, sitting on laps and driving, sticking ear plugs up your nose and scaring the bejeezus out of unsuspecting truckers.  Yeah, that was us. 

There is a part of me that thinks about the germs on the little hands popping my bubbles, you know..like when they are sitting in the "sanitized" grocery cart and popping my bubbles while we shop..EWWW.

Then there is this other part of me that wonders how my dad does not suffer from bubble popping PTSD.  There were three of us, popping his bubbles and I am pretty sure none of us had great aim and well, we were all a bit older than my 2 and 4 year old so a bit stronger...and with better aim...theoretically speaking of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment