Friday, December 9, 2011

Green Light

After months/years of erratic wake-up times I decided to take matters into my own hands and started researching clocks for the boys room.  I am a morning person but also enjoy somewhat of a schedule and one morning they would be up ready to go at 4:30 AM and the next day it would be 6:30.  There was NO science to it at all and I desperately needed to average it out a bit.

Moral of the story, we bought a nightlight/clock for the boys room that serves as a night light during the night and then turns from yellow to green when it is time to wake up.  I hyped it it big time and hoped/prayed/crossed my fingers it would work.  It did, kind of..well at least for Matthew.  Soon after the clocks introduction I made a sticker chart as a reward for staying in bed until the green light comes on, that was the trick.  Matthew became quite adept at staying in bed until the green light appeared.  Kimber, well he is not a big player in this yet...as he still toddles into our room and climbs up into our bed about 1 AM every morning.

Anyways, we completed the sticker chart and I thought great, we have established a habit and we are good.

Well.......not so much.  A few mornings ago Matthew came in about 10 minutes before his light came on and we asked him if his green light was on and he promptly replied, "no, my green light is broken".

So, here we are back to square one I think.....but at least he is consistently sleeping into the 6:00 hour so it was kind of a success, right?

lights up when it is time to wake up.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

oh, man! i need something for Isaac to keep him in bed until 6. no luck, yet.

Post a Comment