Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Oh SH#*!

You are already aware that I am less than perfect.  Recently, that truth was further confirmed.  Matthew phrase of choice these days when something does not go quite as planned is "Oh shit".  I really wish I could blame this one on Will, but I can't.  This is TOTALLY 100% me.

I have thought and thought about how to react and now that I am moving past the busting out laughing phase I have started saying "Awww man" all the while telling him that's what Papa would say (and if Papa is doing it the coolness quotient is WAY up there in his book).

So today, I was listening to him as he knocked over the block tower he was building, he promptly said "Oh shit, awww man" without skipping a beat.  While I didn't bust out laughing, since I am through that phase, I certainly giggled to myself while wondering how exactly to FIX this parenting mishap of mine?

Any ideas?

1 comment:

The Workman Family said...

Oops. LOL
My kids have repeated things a time or two and I always tried not to make a big deal out of it, but did briefly mention it's not a very nice word and then we made up silly words we could say instead. Then, after that, if they said it again, I just reminded them to use our silly words without saying too much about it. Eventually, they stopped.

Post a Comment