Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Potty Training.....Mommy

Somebody pleeeeease tell me that someday, before I enter the nursing home I will be able to go to the bathroom ALONE, truly ALONE, seriously!

Why is it, my mommy friends, who entered mommy-land before me, did not let me in on this secret. They tell you all about sleepless nights, picky eaters, crying babies, temper tantrums...but nobody tells you that sitting on the toilet will become such a public effort.

I must confess, baby number two has been nursed on the potty, don't judge until you've been there! Just this morning the toddler built a toilet paper castle, complete with "soldiers", aka tampons while the crawler tried valiantly to get to the plunger....EWWWW.

What I have yet to figure out is that Dad can go to the bathroom and spend half the day in there and no one bothers him. So maybe I am exaggerating a bit but he DOES get quiet bathroom time periodically.

I am just hoping this is a phase and within a few years there won't be so much interest in what Mom is doing behind closed (I hope) doors!!!


1 comment:

The Barnes Family said...

Nate no longer cares what I'm doing in the bathroom, however he will come in to tell me I need to go do something for him. I long for the day when I can go to the bathroom by myself too.

Post a Comment