Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day - Daddy

I have, by far, the most amazing dad in the world. He has taught me so much, and most of it, unintentionally. You know the saying, DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO, well that is not true when it comes to my dad. My dad is a people watcher....and I got the gene as well but I am not sure he realizes that for many years, he is the person I watched the most, he is the person I aspire to be, he is the person in my life who has had the most positive influence on me. It is funny, periodically when Matthew is in an unfamiliar situation he will stand back and stand with his hands behind his back and simply observe. I always comment to Willie that he looks like my dad to me at these times. Willie looks at me and says, "he also looks just like you".

Things I learned from my dad:

* Never ever give up. If you want something, go after it. Don't let ANYONE or ANYTHING stand in your way.

* Always tell the people you love that you love them. Life is short and we never know when we won't be able to tell them again.

* You, and only you, are responsible for you. Your decisions are yours alone.

* Educate yourself. I do believe that my dad is one of the smartest people on this earth and he has made me a believer in constantly educating yourself and those you love.

My very first horse ride.....
Happy Father's Day to the best Dad a girl could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment