Friday, August 21, 2009

Tractor.....CAKE????

So I am attempting to make Matthew a 3-dimensional tractor shaped cake for his party tomorrow. I have gotten as far as getting the cakes baked and have chickened out. I am waiting for Willie to get home to help me assemble these cakes into the shape of a tractor. Holy Smokes, what did I get myself into?

UPDATE:

Well, the tractor cake DID NOT HAPPEN.

While there are several theories floating about (cake too moist, icing to stiff, etc, etc). We gave up and I resigned myself to making a round cake and just putting a plastic tractor on top. This might have been the best thing because Matthew did not put the tractor down once it came off the cake. He even went to bed with it that night.

Assembling the cake....

Attempting to ice the cake.....a completely futile effort!!!


What we ended up with!! There were no leftovers so it must have tasted good at least!?


Lesson learned.....

2 comments:

Todd and Jenna said...

YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

The Barnes Family said...

If the 3D cake fails you can always bake a bunch of cupcakes and arrange them in a tractor shape.

Post a Comment