Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday my sweet little Matthew


Happy Birthday Matthew

It is hard for me to get my mind around the fact that you turn 2 today. In some ways it seems like you have been a part of our family forever, I cannot imagine our lives without you. You bring joy to my life every single day and I consider you the best gift I have ever received. Your Dad and I thought we had life pretty good until you came along, little did we know that you were to be one of our greatest accomplishments.

I get tired of hearing from people to enjoy this time because it goes by so quickly, but they are so right. You are constantly evolving into a little independent person. A strong, independent little boy is slowly replacing my sweet baby. In my eyes you are not much bigger than you were the morning I met you but you become less of a baby every single day. My firstborn is well into toddler-hood and I know I will look away and you will be starting school, then going off to college. I do consciously try to savor even the smallest moments because I know in a few years you will not want to hang out with Mom as much as you do now.

I decided to give you a verbal snapshot of the boy I spend my time with……

  • You are a very determined little man. You do not let much get in your way. While I love to see a trait that is so strong in us displayed in you, I also see the frustration in your eyes when you cannot do whatever it is you are attempting.
  • You would spend your entire days outside if I would let you. Rain nor snow nor vicious mosquitoes seem to bother you.
  • You love to build with blocks….and of course knock them down and start over.
  • You do not like sitting still for much of anything (diaper changing/watching TV).
  • You LOVE LOVE LOVE tractors. We seldom make a trek anywhere in the car when you (my little tractor spotter) points and squeals in delight at the sight of a tractor. In fact, your first complex word that you say without prompting was tractor.
  • You are pretty enthralled with Bob the Builder….maybe not Bob as much as his tractors.
  • You are quite the poser and happily smile for me when the camera comes out.
  • You love green peas, hot dogs, ice cream, strawberries, tortilla chips, bananas, yogurt and grapes and I am proud to say that you are not a picky eater.
  • You get tickled and laugh with your whole being, which in turn cracks me up.
  • You are a snuggler which I LOVE.
  • I cannot go outside to take out the recycle or trash without you getting flat out angry that you are not going outside as well.
  • You are starting to come out of your shell a little bit and share your love with other people. It makes me so proud.
  • You like reading, which of course tickles your reader mama. I caught you reading to yourself on your bed a few days ago and could not quit beaming.

I love you my sweet boy and glad that I was blessed enough to be your mama. I hope you have a very Happy Birthday!



2 comments:

Todd and Jenna said...

I just want to bust out crying! I'm so glad that God blessed you with Matthew...and a new little one on the way.

Unknown said...

WOW! How time flies. I'm so glad that you have created this site for me to keep up with how you guys are doing. Too bad I'm too lazy to do the same. :}
Every time I look through here, it warms my heart to see how happy you all are. Matty is such a beautiful boy. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to "meet" the new little one (someday in person). Congrats!!

Post a Comment