Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Will he or won't he?

Mauser has been a part of our family for 16 months and I have a few a lot of moments in those first 6 months okay maybe it has been for all 16 months I wondered if he was going to make it.  We have made it through potty training, have mostly gotten him over the chewing of anything that stands still phase, of course the monthly cash outlay of $40 for chewies helps, the shedding, well, that part is still something I come to terms with on an hourly basis.

This weekend he "endeared" himself to us in new and inventive ways.  William and I were standing in the kitchen talking and looked out the kitchen window to see Mauser, standing up with both front paws on our barely two year old peach tree just devouring the plump pink blooms right off the branches.  Later the same day, I found brussels sprout transplants proudly displayed on the picnic table........oh I had to walk away and take some deep deep breaths.  That dog!

Those that know me know that I say this all in jest, he is our dog and will be as long as he is one this earth, barring the chewing of my children of course but boy, he has no qualms about testing my dedication I tell ya!


1 comment:

The Workman Family said...

Oh, they try us in so many ways! I remember when Penny was a puppy. For a good 2-3 years she dug up the yard every chance she got and she was a total hyper NUT! She's mellowed so much since then, but now we got a puppy. haha Glutton for punishment maybe...

Post a Comment