Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cheap Tee

My little baseball fan started tee-ball a few weeks ago and we have known about this for awhile and I have tried hard to get him gear on my frugal budget.  Months ago I scored a tee-ball bat at the thrift store for 3 bucks, he already had a glove and I had decided to go buy a tee because I had not been able to find a previously loved one.  Off we went to Sports Authority and imagine my surprise when the price on the tee was $54.  WHAT?  No way was I paying that, surely there was a better option. 

That night, my not-always-so-frugal-husband made me proud.  A $12 expenditure at Home Depot followed by the sawing of PVC pipe in the living room (grrrr)  resulted in a functional tee that has been getting lots of play around here.




1 comment:

The Barnes Family said...

$54? for a tee? We have a couple and they were less than $20. Ours came from Academy and I think I've seen them at our Wal-Mart, not that the one Willie made isn't awesome.

Post a Comment