Sunday, August 8, 2010

A muddy proposition

In honor of our 12th anniversary.......this is the story of our LONG engagement.

It was a wet Thursday night and my college roommates were getting ready to go to City Limits, the bar in our college town. I really didn't want to go but they were being completely relentless, insisting that I go. I had a chemistry (I think) test the next morning and really really needed to study. Needless to say, I went. We had been at the bar an hour or so and up walks Willie, which was strange since he lived 90ish miles away, I then understood the roomies insistence that I come out that night. Of course I was thrilled to see him and off we went to the dance floor. After a few songs we went back to our group and he told me that he wrecked his truck en route to the bar that night. He assured me it wasn't too bad but wanted to show me. So off we go to the parking lot, once we got to his truck he told me to get in, I was confused and I wanted to see the damage. Quite firmly he said, get in the truck , I need to talk to you. So I turned around and climbed in, when I look back over at him he is down on one knee in the muddy parking lot asking me to marry him. WHAT??? I was shocked, I was thrilled, I was a wee tiny bit amused. Only I, the world's biggest tomboy would get propositioned in a bar parking lot. Of course I said yes and thus began the 18-month engagement and here we are 12 years later....still laughing and playing in the mud!

No comments:

Post a Comment