Monday, April 5, 2010

Poor Kid #2

I am pretty sure that first children do not realize how good they have it. In these first few months with our second child at home, I have made some observations as to how things are different for Kimber than they were for Matthew.

* Matthew enjoyed uninterrupted meals. Poor Kimber barely gets comfortable and Matthew needs milk, a playmate, a diaper change, etc, etc.

* Matthew was photographed at least 9000 times in his first three months and while I promised myself that Kimber would get the same treatment...reality is...he hasn't.

* Every toy in the house belonged to Matthew, poor Kimber gets told no less than 10 times a day that what he is crawling towards, looking at or drooling on is "mine" by big brother.

* It is very seldom that Kimber gets to rock alone with one of us. Matthew loved to rock and snuggle and Kimber does too, he just gets to do it with a 2 year old along for the ride!


To compensate for the things Kimber has not enjoyed, he LOVES his brother. I mean you can see it in his eyes, he stares at Matthew with complete adoration which of course makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment