Thursday, April 30, 2009

First Haircut

On our recent trip to Texas....we experienced another first.....Matthew's First Haircut!!

While I have been very apprehensive about cutting any of this boy's gorgeous red hair, I thought a little trim was in order.

We arrived at the barber shop that my dad has been using since 1990. Terry, my dad's barber, immediately assuaged my fears by telling me to just sit in his chair with Matthew in my lap. I had worried that he would want Matthew to sit by himself and I knew that was NOT going to happen.

While there was a lot of squirming, head holding and a few muted protests, we accomplished the goal of trimming my little man's hair. While the barber did not cut off a huge amount of hair, he did clean up his neckline and did give him a more boy-ish (and less baby-ish) look.


Still somewhat amused by this adventure.


Starting to wonder....is this supposed to be fun?


Seriously......


Have you people not heard of personal space, how many hands does one boy need on his head?


Finally done!!! This sucker just might be worth it!!

1 comment:

anita said...

what a handsome little man he is!

Post a Comment