Monday, November 14, 2011

13.1

I did it..or should I say we did it?

As the culmination of 4+ months of training I completed my third half marathon with a somewhat decent time.  I had a goal of 2:20 and overshot that goal by a bit but did cut 10 minutes off last years pace on the same course so I am pretty satisfied...though there is A LOT of room for improvement!!

Race morning was GORGEOUS if a bit cold.  A fellow faster runner friend chugged along beside me for the first 6 miles and I was actually on target to make my goal.  Unfortunately I didn't maintain that pace once she split.  Overall, it was a good race.  I was better conditioned this year than last but still not as conditioned as I would have liked to be.  Once again, the anticipation of seeing my 3 boys...and the finish line got me through!!

A little celebratory hug with my little fans.

2 comments:

Mommy Attorney said...

I'm hoping this comes through because I've had the worst time commenting lately! I'm so impressed by you! I hope to get back into running more seriously next year sometime.

Tracy said...

So proud of you, Stacey! That is just so awesome!

Post a Comment