Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mixed Emotions

Matthew had his first day of preschool this week and amazed me by how grown up he was.

He wore his new big backpack, walked right into his school, shrugged his shoulders out of his BIG backpack, happily sat down at the table and started playing. I kissed him on his head and told him I would see him in a little bit.....and I swear....he didn't even blink!


Don't get me wrong, I am glad he didn't get upset....but part of me was sad that he is growing up so very fast and that he is already gaining that independence that we so desperately want our children to acquire.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

It seems I have those same mixed emotions about everything kid-related these days. I never guessed being a mom would be so hard on the emotions until I was one. Matthew looks adorable in his big backpack.

Post a Comment