Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SPACE CAMP ANYONE?

Little did we know we moved to a city where NASA is a HUGE part of the economy as well as the community. Along with this comes defense contractors and numerous other government agencies that support NASA and its counterparts. Huntsville, AL (aka Rocket City) is blessed with an amazing facility, the US Space and Rocket Center, home of Space Camp not to mention completely cool parts, pieces, models and replicas of current and past technology that have made it possible to get man into space. We finally went to visit the US Space and Rocket Center in January and were thoroughly impressed. I have to admit, I had no clue and I mean NONE as to how big the Apollo Rocket actually was nor did I have any grasp of the absolute enormity of the space program. I have to admit I have always taken for granted our ability to travel to space...well maybe not my actual ability, but the ability of the astronauts.

This is the rocket that you can see from the freeway and
Matthew never fails to point it out as we zoom by.



These are the engines on the Apollo Rocket that we are looking up at.
Truly massive.



Where did they go?



The smiley one.

2 comments:

The Barnes Family said...

I have a feeling we'll be coming to visit you once Kenny see's this. :)

Stacey said...

We would love to see you guys!!!!

Post a Comment